Tuesday – Sunday, 11am – 5pm
(closed Mondays & Public Holidays)
The S.H. Ervin Gallery will be closed on Good Friday, the 19 April 2019. We will be open on Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 2019.
The S.H. Ervin Gallery will also be closed on ANZAC day.
$12.00 – General
$10.00 – Seniors and Concessions
$4.00 – National Trust Members
(children under 12 free)
*Selected exhibitions may incur special prices
S.H. Ervin Gallery is located at the end of Watson Road,Observatory Hill, The Rocks
See Getting Here for driving, walking and public transport directions.
Conditions of Entry
The safety and security of our visitors is of paramount importance to us as we protect the works of art on display.
Whenever you are visiting the Gallery you must not:
- use flash photographic equipment without permission;
- touch, or in any other way, interfere with objects or display;
- smoke anywhere indoors, or outdoors;
- eat or drink in the Gallery; or
- bring animals into the Gallery, except for guide dogs.
The following items are prohibited :
- any kind of knife, real or toy weapon or other item or substance restricted by law;
- large bags, backpacks, parcels or other containers;
- tripods, aerosol containers, rolled prints/posters, metal tip umbrellas, balloons;
- any other item which in the discretion of the Gallery staff is considered capable of being used to cause damage to or conceal a collection object for removal.
We reserve the right to:
- exclude or remove the public or any other person from any building, or part of any building or site;
- inspect any bag, luggage or object, however described, upon entry to and before leaving Gallery;
- use Security Closed Circuit Television cameras throughout Gallery; and
- prohibit any other personal items deemed necessary.
Whenever you are in the Gallery you must:
- conduct yourself in a manner which, in the reasonable opinion of Gallery, does not interfere with, disrupt or offend other persons in the Gallery;
- comply with any reasonable request by Gallery staff in relation to your entry or continued presence in the Gallery.
Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
Any items left at the gallery will be kept for one month. If unclaimed after one month items will be disposed of without notice.