Hours: Tuesday – Sunday 11am – 5pm (closed public holidays & during exhibition installation)
The Gallery will be closed from Monday 19 December – Monday 2 January inclusive.
Concession/ Seniors: $12
National Trust Members Free
Children under 5 Free
S.H. Ervin Gallery is located at the end of Watson Road, Observatory Hill, The Rocks – Gadigal land
See Getting Here for driving, walking and public transport directions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The health and safety of our visitors, members and staff is our priority and for entry to the S.H. Ervin Gallery require that:
- Not enter if you have been unwell or have had COVID-like symptoms in the past 14 days;
- Consider wearing a mask and if physical distancing is not possible, masks are strongly recommended;
- Follow safe practices; maintain 1.5m distance from others, wash your hands, sneeze or cough into your elbow;
- Adhere to the government health orders;
- Be understanding of those around you who are following and managing safe COVID-19 practices.
The safety and security of our visitors is of paramount importance to us as we protect the works of art on display.
Whenever you are visiting the Gallery you must not:
- use flash photographic equipment without permission;
- touch, or in any other way, interfere with objects or display;
- smoke or vape anywhere indoors, or outdoors;
- eat or drink in the Gallery; or
- bring animals into the Gallery, except for certified assistance dogs accompanying the person they serve (therapy dogs not admitted).
The following items are prohibited :
- any kind of knife, real or toy weapon or other item or substance restricted by law;
- large bags, backpacks, parcels or other containers;
- tripods, aerosol containers, rolled prints/posters, metal tip umbrellas, balloons;
- any other item which in the discretion of the Gallery staff is considered capable of being used to cause damage to or conceal an object for removal.
We reserve the right to:
- exclude or remove the public or any other person from any building, or part of any building or site;
- inspect any bag, luggage or object, however described, upon entry to and before leaving Gallery;
- use Security Closed Circuit Television cameras throughout Gallery; and
- prohibit any other personal items deemed necessary.
Whenever you are in the Gallery you must:
- conduct yourself in a manner which, in the reasonable opinion of Gallery, does not interfere with, disrupt or offend other persons in the Gallery;
- comply with any reasonable request by Gallery staff in relation to your entry or continued presence in the Gallery.
Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Any items left at the gallery will be kept for one month. If unclaimed after one-month items will be disposed of without notice.
We thank you in advance for your co-operation and patience.